Welcome to Classical Magnet School
Students and Staff: Right click here and select Save As to download the tutorial for Office365.
Classical's 2016 History Day Winners!
Admission is open to all students in Hartford and the 40 surrounding towns. Students will be selected by means of a random lottery system based on available seats.
The Classical Magnet School will offer its students an academic curricula firmly rooted in a study of the classics and liberal arts. Students will demonstrate a mastery of academics and an ability to listen respectfully, question intelligently and think logically. It is our mission that through our academic program every student will:
- study the classical sources of eloquence found in rhetoric, literature, philosophy, mathematics and science
- participate actively in the Paideia seminar process
- be empowered to become a responsible citizen and independent life long learner
- realize our high expectations both in behavior and academics
- become a responsible and respectful member of a diverse, democratic society
- acquire confidence through achievement
- Succeed in college
- we proudly proclaim the Classical Motto, Non scholae sed vitae discimus
Please Support our school through the Stop and Shop A+ program. It doesn't cost anything, Stop and Shop donates money every time you use your card! Find out more here.
The Hartford Board of Education complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting the exclusion of any person from any of its educational programs or activities or the denial to any person of the benefits of any of its educational programs or activities because of race, creed, color national origin, ancestry sex, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, marital status, age or disability subject to the conditions and limitation established by law.
The preamble to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 states that:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Title IX Coordinator: Jovin Girard, 860-695-9258, Jovin.email@example.com
District Title IX coordinator
Hartford Public Schools
960 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103