Non Scholae Sed Vitae Discimus.
"We learn not for school but for life."
The mission of the Greater Hartford Classical Magnet School is to prepare students for acceptance into competitive colleges and universities. The school learning community participates in a rigorous classical liberal arts curriculum that is rooted in the western tradition and also embraces the universal elements of the human experience as found in other cultures. Instruction at the Classical Magnet School is based on the Paideia philosophy of education. Additionally, all students continue to develop their talents through an extended day enrichment program. We are committed to developing and maintaining a racially and ethnically diverse student body.
Expectations for Student Learning
· Students will demonstrate the ability to read critically
· Students will demonstrate the ability to write clearly
· Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically
· Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively
· Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems
CIVIC & SOCIAL EXPECTATIONS:
· Students will model good citizenship and interpersonal skills through the completion of service learning and demonstration of the school’s core values of: